I bought a new 8GB Panasonic SD memory card just before going on my holiday.
Over the course of 9 days, I took almost 900 photos - mostly of food, but some of which were happy, smiley photos with old friends*.
(* People from high school / university days which I had not seen in YEARS)
So, what's my problem?:
1) The SD Card corrupted.
2) I cannot find the receipt for the purchase of this SD Card.
3) Six hundred photos are missing.
4) SIX HUNDREDDDDDDD PHOTOS ARE MISSING**.
** Disaster. Tried using a data retrieval software that my friend sent to me.... Maybe I am not using it correctly?, but it looks like most of the data is completely corrupted - it's all gibberish.
Does anyone know any IT gurus*** who can retrieve and fix corrupted data, like how they do in the movies?
1) Free service because he/she is wonderful and kind (*hopeful*).
2) An affordable price tag.
(*** If you are such a person and would like to volunteer your services, even better)
I know I won't die without these photos....
... but well, it's a part of my memories/ life that I'd really really like to get back.
- Thanks to Li Lian for pointing out the data retrival software - at least I was able to at least save the 300 photos from the corrupted card.
- Thanks to UnkaLeong for suggesting one option - if all else fails I will go there to get help, but looking at the gibberish left in the card, I suspect the affordable basic retrival will not be enough.
TAGS: Blog, Weblog, Malaysia, KL, Kuala Lumpur, Personal