So I won an award last week and all I did was write my favourite nasi lemak place (Village Park, Damansara Uptown)...
It's hazy, but I vaguely remember the initial announcement going completely over my head as I stood with the other shortlisted bloggers on the KLPAC stage, then finally hearing it, looking like a deer in headlights then doing a really embarassingly undignified jump-jump-jump on the stage as it started setting in that I won.
If I had to try to sum it up, I am: Happy, shocked, gleeful, nervous, flattered, flustered, proud, unsure.
(This is the first time I've ever really won anything like this)
Thanks a million to:
- TOKL (Nazeen especially) for coming up with this interesting new category (Bloggers' Choice) in their annual Food Awards,
- everyone who voted for me, whether they liked my post(?) or just love Village Park as much as I do.
- my best friend and my dad, for (saying that they were) voting for me when I was starting to freak out about how I didn't mind losing but didn't want to lose so badly lah shy ma,
- everyone who has been reading my blog all these years (thanks for your support!), AND
- Village Park! For consistently serving up my favourite nasi lemak all these years!
Still stunned and really hoping this doesn't sound gloat-y in any way,
TAGS: Blog, Weblog, Malaysia, KL, Time Out KL Awards 2011, Kuala Lumpur, Personal