Melbourne Post #2: Wandering around the Royal Botanical Gardens (photo heavy post)....
(Note: This batch of photos are some of the few that miraculously survived the SD Card Disaster... yay!)
On my last day before flying off from Melbourne, I decided to have a simple, relaxing day... starting off with a nice lunch with Cheng (*waves*), and then a walk around the Melbourne Royal Botanical Garden.
- Beautiful lakes (with swans and other feathery creatures swimming around):
- Beautiful pathways:
Initially, I thought I would just wander for a while (maybe an hour) before heading to the city for some coffee and snacks but wow, somehow I managed to walk around for almost 3 hours.
I couldn't help it, really - first of all the park is HUGE, and it was also wonderfully varied so I kept wanting to see more and more....
- Majestic trees:
- Interesting structures, like The Temple of the Winds:
- I thought this was part of the structure... till it flew away! (A kookaburra?):
Of course, there were a lot of gorgeous flowers, some that I recognize - Camelia:
- ... Beautiful daisy:
- ...Dandelion!: Make a wish and blow it away :)
- There were also a lot of flowers which were so lovely, but I have no idea what they are:
I wish it had been a bit sunnier that day, but other than that, I had a suprising amount of fun just walking around and enjoying the peaceful and relaxing natural surroundings.
Dreaming of Melbourne,
Entrance to the gardens is free, and you can go there from 7.30am to sunset all year round.
(For more info on the Botanical Gardens, you can head over to their website)
TAGS: Blog, Weblog, Malaysia, KL, Kuala Lumpur, Personal
Things To Do in Sydney
51 minutes ago