Dear Jack Shiles,
First of all I am so sorry that you:
a) ... lost USD550,000 through ways unknown,
(although you assure us that you were swindled by corrupt government officials, blablabla)
b) ... think that Malaysia has such appalling:
b1) religious and racial prejudices,
(hey, bub... good luck finding a country that doesn't)
b2) spirit breaking traffic jams, "the worst in Asia" as you have deemed,
(btw, not that I think that the traffic jams here aren't a pain, but have you ever been to Bangkok lately? Or if we are venturing out of Asia: New York?)
b3) ... is full of redneck Muslims who are terrorists.
c) ... think that the country is "utterly useless".
I LOVE how:
1) you think it would be a good idea for Singapore and the local Chinese to overthrow the government and take over the country,
2) that you actually said "Remember to support our U.S. Troops, Death to All Terrorists, Death to ALL Malaysia"
And it's WONDERFUL that to you, the ONLY saving grace of the entire country is the food.
Oh, by the way, when you find that perfect haven of a country where:
1) there is no racial or religious prejudice,
2) no abuse of power by politicians,
3) no corruption,
4) no traffic jams,
5) a robust economy with a 100% guarantee that you will not only be profitable in all your business ventures but that your ROI will be more than say, I don't know, 15%, AND
6) great food....
... please feel free to share the joy, k?
(and for God sakes, do not tell me the answer is "America" or the "Great Ol' US of A")
(I have no problems with your country - I think it's a nice enough place BUT what I DO have a problem with is people who preach that it is abso-frickin PERFECT)
May you have a good life, wherever you are.
TAGS: Weblog, Blog, Malaysia, Personal, Jack Shiles, Malaysia Sucks, Gripe
Guinness Amplify: Music Made of More Finale Show
59 minutes ago