I don't know whether the Actor's Studio people will come after me for taking photos during the play (when everyone was told specifically not to*)... but I just couldn't help myself - wanted to capture and share it with everyone.
(*OMG. I'm a criminal?)
Anyway, I'll try not to give out any spoilers since it's still playing every night till Sunday 25 April... :)
(Just a suggestion... haha...)
- Simple set, with hardly any props, leaves the focus on the acting and story:
- Cool photo! (accidental - was trying to tweak my camera settings):
- 2 half naked guys just hanging out on a hot night:
- Married man and young girl? *gasp*:
- The married couple nursing a loss (Awwwwww.....):
- Love is in the air:
- Finally, me with Season, after the show:
In short (IMHO):
It started off slow, and built up very well, with dashes of humour added into the generally emo tone of the play.... It was real and raw yet surreal, with good acting all around (Great job guys and girls!).
Admittedly, at times the play became a bit too "deep" for me but I like that it left me with a lot of food for thought (Like: "Why did he/ she say that?"... "Hmmmm.. what is the meaning of that action?"... "Why the fixation with banana juice and horses??")
Anyway, here are the details of the play:
Written by: Toshirou Suzue
Directed by: Doppo Narita
Two lovers in a relationship they don’t want to be in, a couple slowly drifting apart, a student in search of herself, an office boy who longs to have his best friend’s life and a deluded businessman who just wants some fun and adventure. Each of these 7 characters have a story to tell - a story about relationships. Written by award-winning Japanese Playwright, Suzue Toshiro, the play draws our attention to the hurdles we face in our everyday relationships.
(In alphabetical order! To be fair....)
- Season Chee, Mark Beau de Silva, Paranee Damodran, Gowri Paary, Wong Wai Hoong, Adel Yap, and Nur Zakuan.
Venue: The Actors Studio
(Lot 10, Roof Top, Level 8A, Lot 10 Shopping Centre, 50, Jalan Sultan Ismail, KL)
Date & Time:
- 21 April @ 8pm (preview show),
- 22 till 24 April @ 8pm
- 24 till 25 April @ 3pm
Ticket Price: RM 33, RM 23 (students)
You can buy tickets online (click here or call/ go to:
- The Actors Studio @ Lot 10 (03 2142 2009 / 2143 2009), or
- KLPAC (03 4047 9000)
If you want more details, here is the official website for Hotaru.
Hope you like it! :)
TAGS: Blog, Weblog, Malaysia, KL, Lot 10 Shopping Center, Hotaru, Fireflies, Actor's Studio, Kuala Lumpur, Personal