When I was reading the newspaper on Saturday morning, I nearly dropped my bowl of cereal and jumped off my chair.
I have been mentioned in The Star newspaper!
Well, it's not that much really - a total one liner....
.... but it's a such an honor that I have been shortlisted and put alongside Friedchillies, Wai Sik Kai, Jom Makan, Eatin Out, Food Safari and of course last but definately not least, darling Boo_licious at Masak-Masak.
* ONE..., *
* TWO..., *
* THREE..., *
* TA-DAH! *
Look Mum (and Dad and P)! Aren't you proud of me now?
It's not an award or anything like that but it gives me a measure of satisfaction that this little hobby of mine (eating+reviewing) is being recognized in some way.
It started off so simply....
One night while having dinner, I thought to myself: "There are waaaaaay too few people out there doing honest, layman reviews of restaurants in Malaysia". So, I started this blog to help fill this gap in whatever small way I can.
(I know that there is still much room for improvement - which I will continue to work on - but for now, I am happy)
With that, I'd like to take this chance to express my gratitude to:
- the people at the Star (Deepak Gill especially, for writing the article),
- my family (for their love and guidance),
- P (for believing in me),
- my friends (who put up with me snapping photos of their food and insisting I get a few bites to sample it for my reviews),
- Patrick, in particular, for starting the whole weekly dinner thing that gave me the platform and inspiration to start my reviews, and
- all my readers out there (whether or not you leave comments, I can see you on my blog statcounter and appreciate your support)!
I really appreciate all you've done for me and hope that you will continue with me on my journey to chronicle my eating adventures in KL.
TAGS: Blog, Weblog, The Star, KL, Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, Personal